A photo booth rental is the simplest and easiest way to elevate any entertainment atmosphere. When choosing the right company for your event, there are a few things you should consider to get the best experience possible:
- Open Air Photo Booth or Enclosed Photo Booth: Over the years many people have asked me this question. There are pros and cons to both styles. But first, let me explain the key differences between the two–
Open Air Photo Booth: Is a single standalone unit; usually placed 6-8ft away from various open backdrops/green screens, commonly with an External DSLR Camera, Flash Strobe, Social Media Sharing, GIFs, Custom Prints, and more.
Enclosed Photo Booth: Is a stand-in unit with curtains and drapes to form a tent-like shape for guests to enter, pose, and print photos. Also known as “Vintage” or “Traditional” photo booth.
If I had to choose between the two it would be the Open-Air Photo Booth by a long shot. Here is why:
- A) More people can fit inside. An enclosed booth is typically 3 feet x 6 feet, which sharply limits the amount of people that can fit in a photo. While an Open-Air Booth’s footprint is around 10 feet x 10 feet.
- B) Less space required if you have a small space, weirdly shaped event space, or an event space that is not reachable from the ground floor. An Open-Air booth has more flexibility and versatility to adapt to different circumstances.
- C) Features: Most Open-Air Booths have a variety of options to receive a photo. You may want to showcase your photos immediately to your favorite social media platform, email them to yourself, or text them to a friend. Most Traditional Booths can only print.
- Quality:There are tons of photo boothcompanies out there. Unfortunately, many companies miss the mark in the quality department by using cheap cameras, paper, and printers. The best way to ensure quality is to either view their sample photos on their website or ask for sample photos from past work. Lighting also plays a crucial role to determine not only the darkness or brightness but also tone, mood, and atmosphere. To be certain that you get the highest quality images inquire if lighting is provided with your rental.
- Reviews: Reputation matters! Choose a company that has rave reviews and experience to give you reassurance you’re getting the best in the business. It’s important each event runs smoothly. That’s why every PopnPixels Photo Booth rentalcomes with an attendant. Generally, you get what you pay for. If you want a professional photo booth with tons capabilities, you should expect to pay anywhere from $150-$250 per hour.